ڈھاہاں یُوا انعام۔رچناتمک لکھتاں لئی
The Dhahan Prize Youth Award is an initiative created by The Dhahan Prize in partnership with BC secondary schools, in particular, L.A. Matheson Secondary, Surrey School District. The purpose of this unique creative writing award is to encourage the youth of B.C. to embrace the rich Punjabi culture of the generations of families who have immigrated to Canada, specifically in British Columbia, through creative writing in the Punjabi language.
Thanks to the presenting sponsor, Coast Capital Savings, the Dhahan Prize Youth Award will be giving 8 cash prizes valued at $500 to youth who are currently enrolled in grade 11 or 12 Punjabi language classes. Four (4) in each of two classifications: (1) Intermediate Skill and (1I) Advanced Skill.
The following are the eligibility requirements for Dhahan Prize Youth Award participants:
- Participant must be a student currently attending high school in British Columbia
- Participant is currently in grade 11 or 12.
- Participant is currently enrolled in, and is attending, a Punjabi language program in either a public or private school.
- Participant must sign an affidavit attesting that the work they submit is their own original creation.
- Participant must have a teacher sponsor who will sign the application form, thereby attesting that the work is the original creation of the participant.
The following are the eligibility requirements for Dhahan Prize Youth Award creative writing work submitted:
- Work must be original work of the participant
- Work must be written in Gurmukhi or Shahmukhi.
- Work must be a short story of 800-1000 words in Punjabi.
- Work must be translated into English; the participant must do the translation.
- Both Punjabi & English works to be submitted in pdf document format.
- Works must be submitted between March 1st and May 31st.
- Works to be submitted via email to email@example.com with the subject line “DHAHAN PRIZE YOUTH AWARD SUBMISSION”.